Twice is nice in May
Believe it or not the Poker Pals of NWA did not play in April. However, we did play twice in May. We held the April event the first Friday in May at the usual spot and the May event was on schedule that last Friday of the month…yesterday.
Both events were full of excitement and shared good times. Each event had 8 players; including (for the first time in awhile) all 7 poker pals and a different guest each time. The April event brought Jason Miller back to complete the table after a 2 month hiatus. We are not sure where he was for 2 weeks but were pretty sure it involved “Dance Dance Revoultion” and probably some Poker playing because he came back and WON! That’s right the man takes a 2 month break and comes back and takes the money. Nice win Jason.
The official May event last night brought some tired and ornery poker pals to the table. We got a little bit of a late start and had all 8 players still in the game after MIDNIGHT! 2 pizzas and a box of bread sticks later at about 2am Nate “The Rake” defeated David for the May prize. It was a “club flush” night (PK, David, and Nate who stayed to the end know what I’m talking about) that brought Nate back in to the Poker Pals winning circle. Evidently Nate needed this win to get back in his house. Glad the timing worked out for Nate to get some rest before a long day of deliveries on Saturday. Congrats Nate.
We missed a picture of Jason’s win but it was legit. Here is a picture of Nate’s win followed by the latest Poker Pal point’s standings that shows Casey in the lead!



1 Comments:
First I want thank all the little people who helped me get here. I also want to thank my lovely wife who told me not to come without money. What a motivation that was! I want to thank my Dad for teaching me how to play cards and mom for teaching me how to count.
Really, I should have lost. I was down early, then caught some big hands, then lost a big hand to Miller, (Meelah likey), then some big wins, then a big loss to PK, and a couple of big wins against the best player ever, Double D.
I look forward to next month.
Post a Comment
<< Home